Thứ Sáu, 6 tháng 4, 2012

Breakfast At Your Desk: It's Healthy, It's Yummy, and It'll Make You Smile

OK, I get that breakfast is anything but laid-back for most of us. In fact, the mornings are usually so busy, it's hard to even call whatever it is we grab from the fridge and eat on the way out the door a meal... let alone breakfast. So while these recipes aren't the most practical for a hurried Monday morning, I'm hoping they'll at least make you smile...

... and maybe you'll try them out for Easter brunch or something next weekend.
Funny Food: 365 Healthy, Silly, Creative Breakfasts by Bill and Claire Wurtzel is just too awesome. It's exactly what the title suggests: a book that's overflowing with fruit, pancakes, and eggs, all carved up in clever ways that look almost too good to eat. Take a look:
0402-funny-food-2_vg.jpg
Amazing what a banana, peach, and blueberry can do.

0402-funny-food-3_vg.jpg
The book calls this a "fruit-ster." Cock-a-doodle-cantaloupe!

0402-funny-food-4_vg.jpg
An egg chef!
I tried out a pineapple rabbit recipe with my usually-breakfast-averse kids and, not only was it adorable and really easy, they ate all of it. And they are now insisting I buy a bucket of eggs so they can try out all the egg-based critters. (I'm seeing repurposed Easter eggs in my future....)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét